Friday, April 30, 2010

MOTHERS, LET NOT YOUR HEART BE TROUBLED

Gospel Reading John 14:1-6
"Let not your hearts be troubled; believe in God, believe also in me.
In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?"
John 14:1-2

To know God has prepared a place for me makes me so excited! What will it be like? I am so excited to see.....I know it will be more than I could ever dream of or imagine. Jesus tells us today to not let our hearts be troubled....which is also wonderful news. These two together make me take a deep breath and know everything is going to be okay. It reminds me to settle down, take a chill pill, and to remember this life is so small and so short. So what are we all here for? What is making our days so crazy and stressful? When you think about Jesus telling us to let not our hearts be troubled and that He has an amazing place prepared for us for Eternity, why in tarnation do we get so caught up in the tiny things of this world each and every day? When you look at the big picture, only one thing truly matters. To live and walk with Christ daily and to embrace this vocation of Motherhood that was handed down to us from Heaven. When these little tiny souls are placed in our arms for the first time, they are reminders of what this life is all about. To LOVE, to SERVE, and to LIVE for God's Kingdom. Yes, they grow and become toddlers and drive us crazy, but they are nothing but living angels in our care. Why would we need anything else or want for anything more? NOTHING, will prepare us better for Eternity than giving of oneself in marriage and to these little souls entrusted to us.

So today, take a deep breath, live in the moment, and see Heaven's presence right in your midst....through the lives of your children. If you have a roof over your head, food in your pantry, clothing in your closet, a loving husband/father and healthy children, why should your heart be troubled? You have the world in your hands. And if you embrace this beautiful vocation and let Jesus shape and mold you through the sacrifices of giving of your self to your family, you will then hear what we all long to hear someday..."Well done, my good and faithful servant. Enter into the place I have prepared for you".

Blessings to you this Friday! Please pray for our first mothers retreat here in our diocese this Saturday put on by our Archangel Moms Group. We are so excited! We need your prayers!

No comments: