Monday, May 3, 2010

Embrace this Miraculous Monday

Gospel Reading today John 14:6-14
"I am the way, the truth and the life; no one goes to the Father except by me. Now that you know me, you will know my Father, and from now on you do know him and you have seen him. Phillip said to him, Lord, show us the Father, that is all we need." John 14:7-8

How amazing, in today's Gospel, that Phillip asked Jesus to show him the Father....that is all Phillip needed to believe. This is AFTER Jesus just proclaimed that He was the way, the truth and the life! Helllooo, Phillip? Are you listening? This reminds me of how ignorant and arrogant we are in today's society. We have proof of God being present everywhere around us.....in our children, in the beautiful spring days, in our giving neighbor who brings us fresh baked cookies, in our husbands who are a constant coduit of God's love through their service to our families. And yet, we are still looking for God! We have to have "proof" of His existence. Our children are the way, the truth and the life! As mothers, we are the way, the truth and the life for our children by performing acts of God's love to them everyday! And yet, mothers are still searching for Jesus outside the home because the home is too "boring" or they "just don't use their brains" when home with their children. We are constantly pulled in so many different directions "looking" for peace, joy, hope when usually it is right under our nose.

So today, as you think it is just an ordinary mundane Monday, (I'll admit, I have that feeling of dread today too..), embrace Jesus in your midst today and see him in your giggling children, sleepy eyes, whines and cries. If we do this, we will see the Kingdom of God at hand in our very own homes. You can't get any more NON-MUNDANE than that! Today, I am going to work on the HUGE pile of laundry that I have and just be present to my children. In these moments, I hope to feel the presence of Jesus and see His eyes twinkling in those precious little blue and brown eyes under my roof.

Blessings to you this Miraculous Monday!

No comments: