Friday, February 19, 2010

Motherhood: An Honorable Job In Heaven's Eyes

First Reading today Isaiah 58:1-9
"Is it not to share your bread with the hungry, and bring the homeless poor into your house; when you see the naked, to cover him, and not to hide yourself from your own flesh?
Then shall your light break forth like the dawn, and your healing shall spring up speedily; your righteousness shall go before you, the glory of the LORD shall be your rear guard." Isaiah 58:8-9


The first reading today reminds me of how holy motherhood is. We feed the hungry everyday by feeding our families, we clothe the naked everyday as we clothe our children. We have the Lord at our side who is our guard each and every moment....guiding us on how to love His children and take care of them the best we can. What an honor it is to be a mother.

I can't write much this morning, but before I go, I wanted to mention fasting today since it is friday. My entire life, I have had a hard time seeing the fruits of fasting up until this year. As my stomach growls, I feel my soul being cleansed. I also see things clearer on things I am discernng about. This might sound strange, but I just wanted to share that thought. As you want to dive into the peanut butter your children are eating, instead, lift up prayers for what is heavy on your heart. You will see much fruit from your fasting and our Lord Jesus will be pleased that you turned away from self and turned to Him.

Off to care for my little flock. Have a blessed Friday!

No comments: