Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Letting God Take the Reigns in Motherhood

Gospel Reading today Mark 7:1-13
"These people, says God, honor me with their words, but their heart is really far away from me, because they teach man-made rules as though they were my laws!" Mark 7:6-8


Do we get so caught up in rules that we completely miss the boat? Is Jesus and His disciples waving at us in the boat as we stand on the shore? How do we know what is right and wrong? I struggle with a few teachings of the Catholic Faith and I am sure anyone reading this of another denomination probably feels the same about their church as well. But I heard it put perfectly about the teaching of the Catholic faith....we are like young children not wanting to listen to their parents and think that we know better. This is true with our faith....our faith knows best just as our parents knew what was best in raising us. But do some of us get so caught up in the teaching of the faith that we aren't living the faith as best as we can? These are all just questions I have that I am throwing out there. As far as motherhood goes, do we look at the rules and regulations through books instead of looking to God to lead us the best we can in teaching and disciplining our children? I think we do get so caught up in man-made rules that we forget with have the most loving and wisest teacher right in our midst....our Heavenly Father. If only we call upon Him to help us and guide us in our vocation of motherhood, we can be more at peace each in every day by living out our vocation the best we can. I think sometimes we just have to "toss" all of these dad blame rules and look within our heart for the surest, most honest teaching. I know there has to be law of some sort in everything here on earth, but if we don't watch it, we can become so consumed with following the law that we really do miss the boat that Jesus is on. Let Him help us to take everything we hear or read with a grain of salt and ask the Lord to guide our hearts to truth and wisdom. I am going to do that very thing today with my life. I am going to step aside and let Jesus take the reigns in this task of motherhood. I am going to take back seat today and see what happens. (I am sure it will be alot more in control and peaceful for sure!)

Blessings to you this Tuesday!

No comments: