Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Teaching with Authority

Gospel Reading today Mark 1:21-28
"The people who heard him were amazed at the way he taught, for he wasn't like the teachers of the Law; instead, he taught with authority."

Once again this morning I am encouraged to have authority over my children and to not second guess my intuition. For our intution is the teaching of the spirit. God gives us the wisdom and knowledge to raise these souls the best we can. Through His authority, He gives us authority in raising disciples. I am reminded through the gospel, to not look at what everyone else is doing, but to have confidence that I am a good mother and that the Lord is leading me in my mothering. For each child is different; therefore, each child needs to be disciplined differently. I have to remind myself often that I am the one in charge during the day and what I say goes. Deep down I know what is best for my children and I need to have the courage to do what is best. The saying holds true, "Mama knows best." These little ones can be manipulating at times and if we don't teach with authority, their future might be in trouble.

So right now, I know I need to get off the computer and give myself (my time) to them. What a wonderful teacher we have in Jesus. He gave his life to His flock but at the same time, taught with love and authority.

Have a blessed Tuesday!

No comments: