Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mothers Are Not The Only Ones Who Get Angry With Their Children

Gospel reading today Mark 3:1-6
"Looking around at them with anger and grieved at their hardness of heart, Jesus spoke to them...."

I am at my sister's house this morning and haven't been able to really meditate on the gospel, but these were my first thoughts. The Pharisees disrespected Jesus by not answering his question. This reminds me of when my children disrespect me and I become angry with them. Using that anger in a controlled, calm, authoritative way as Jesus did can help our children gain more respect towards their mother and father. This is comforting to know that Jesus got angry with his children and showed them who was "boss" by going ahead and healing the man with a withered hand. I am so encouraged daily by learning from our Father on how to handle things in our homes and with our families. Thank you, Jesus, for being the most wonderful Teacher. Even after over 2,000 years, he continues to be our first teacher.

Have a blessed Wednesday!

No comments: