Thursday, January 7, 2010

Letting the Spirit Lead us

Gospel Reading today Luke 4:14-22
"Jesus returned in the power of the spirit to Galilee." Luke 4:14

My son, Ben, was up for the day at 5:10 am. So, needless to say I am sitting here trying to write my reflection on the gospel while helping him work a puzzle. I have discovered something wonderful. This is probably old news to all of you but I am always behind the times! I discovered Pandora, which is internet radio on my ipod. So I prayed the rosary while listening to gregorian chant; therefore, I couldn't here Tom & Jerry in the background at 5:30 this morning. As I meditated on the gospel while listening to Gregorian chant, the thought came to me that we have the power of the spirit in us every moment of our day....while we mother our children. What else do we need in life? The same power that rose Christ from the dead and seated Him at the right hand of the father is at work in our daily lives. We have divine guidance while mothering our children. While the world tells us we need to read all of these books and look to professionals in therapy, we have all we need through the spirit. Sure it doesn't hurt to hear what others do in raising their children and what studies "say", but we are given this divine gift of spirit and discernment through baptism. I think internally we know what is best but start second guessing ourselves because of all of the background noise of what others say we should do.

Tomorrow is the Archangel Mothers group that I lead at our church. We are going to discuss the Holy Family and how we are all called to be Holy families. If you get a chance, listen to this site I recently found. They talk about reaching holiness through the family. www.twoedgetalk.com
(For all of you Archangels, wait for tomorrow!) Also, Father Robert Barron has a great talk on the Holy Family at www.wordonfire.com. We will also be listening to that tomorrow.

Off to cook breakfast! Have a blessed Thursday!

No comments: