Thursday, August 20, 2009

SPENDING TIME WITH FAMILY IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL

I have been at my family's ranch this week. The ranch I grew up on and the place I love so dear. I am the fourth generation of this little slice of heaven. My soul is connected to my ancestors that settled this place over one hundered years ago. Wide open spaces, big blue skies, fresh crisp air and beautiful sunsets is just a faint description of this heartland I will always call "home". We have had a wonderful week and tomorrow I start on my journey back home.....a seven hour trip with three little ones, please pray for me!

I will start posting reflections on monday. The only internet access on the ranch is at the "Beef Barn", which is 6 miles from where I am staying, so that is the reason I have not been able to continue posting this week. What a blessing it is from our Lord Jesus to spend time with our precious families and to journey back to the place where our souls were nurtured and developed.

No comments: