Monday, August 10, 2009

GOD WILL ALWAYS PROVIDE

"Remember that the person who plants few seeds will have a small crop; the one who plants many seeds will have a large crop. Each one should give, then, as he has decided, not with regret or out of a sense of duty; for God loves the one who gives gladly. And God is able to give you more than you need, so that you will always have all you need for yourselves and more than enough for every good cause." 2 Corinthians 9:6-10

As I was walking into Albertson's yesterday with Anna Claire (my one year old) on my hip, I was reminded how God always provides and how His Will is so amazing. The last time I had been at that particular grocery store was the morning I walked into that store with a 2 year old and a 10 month old scared, shaking and worried I was pregnant. As I put Ben and Clementine in the shopping cart, I headed towards the bakery first to get Ben a chocolate donut and then frantically went towards the pregnancy test section. I grabbed a test and walked directly to the bathroom (I realize now I should have paid for it first). As I was tinkling on a stick, I looked up to see my 2 year old with chocolate donut all over his face any my 10 month old was smiling. I thought to myself "I can not be pregnant." To make a long story short, the test was positive and I cried all the way home. But God's plan and His will for our lives was so much more than we could have ever imagined. I somehow have plunged through the trying times of being pregnat while chasing toddlers and life with three, three and under. But Anna Claire has brought us sheer joy. We can not imagine our life without her....our family would be so incomplete.

God continues to amaze me with how he always provides exactly what we need. In my circumstance it was the gift of life, but some might being feeling broken hearted through a loss of loved one, loss of a job, or loss of hearing (which I have also experienced with my son, Ben). Whatever it is, we need to be reminded that God WILL provide for all your needs and He will see you through whatever circumstance you did not choose for your life. When we step out of our comfort zone, that is when God does His greatest work. And as mothers, we can rest in knowing our Good Shepherd takes us by the hand and leads us. We don't have to walk alone. "He will carry the lambs in His arms and gently lead their mothers."

So as you give to your family all that you have, remember God will give you in abundance all you need to keep on giving and working towards Eternal Life.

1 comment:

Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle said...

You are a brave woman to share your life and love. Our Lord will reward you!

God bless and hugs,

Donna-Marie