Thursday, August 27, 2009

Be the Mother you are called to be TODAY

Feast Day of St. Monica- Patron Saint of Christian Mothers
Daily Gospel Reading:
"Therefore, stay awake! For you do not know on which day your Lord will come." Mathew 24:42

Death is part of life.....we all have to face it someday. So why do we live for tomorrow? I find myself sometimes thinking, "when we are more financially stable, then I will give more to the church" or "I will become more devout in my faith when my children are older" and I have had several mothers tell me that they don't make it to mass very often because it is just too hard with little ones but when the children get older THEN they will start going to Mass regularly.

We are called to be the person we were meant to be TODAY. The mother God had designed for us to be, the wife we yearn to be, the friend we need to be. For we really do not know if today is our last day on earth. That is why the Lord calls us to "stay awake". Our children need us to be a good, loving, patient, gentle mother to them today. They need us to be present in their lives today.....don't put off being there for them in a few years, but be there for them heart and soul TODAY. Then, if you meet Jesus tomorrow, you will know you gave it your all and He will say "Well done my good and faithful servant." However, to be the best mother we can be today, we have to offer our day up to the Lord and walk with him in everything we do. He will give you the grace, the patience, and His love to endure the challenging days of raising these little souls for Heaven. Below is a prayer that I say every morning as well as a morning offering prayer. Try saying one of these prayers everyday and you will start seeing a change in your crazy days of mothering. God Bless you today!

"Dear Lord Jesus,
I give you these hands today (offer up your hands). Transform them into yours. Help me to love as you would love, discipline as you would discipline, serve as you would serve. Help me to be the mother you have called me to be today and everyday. I love you. Amen"

DAILY OFFERING PRAYER:
"O Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer You the prayers, works, joys and sufferings of this day, for all the intentions of Your Sacred Heart in union with the Holy Sacrafice of the Mass throughout the world, in reparation for my sins, and for the intentions of the Holy Father. Amen.

No comments: