Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Confrontations with the Lord

"O woman, great is your faith!" Mathew 15:28

I don't like confrontations. I am more of a peacemaker, but sometimes you are put in a situation where you have to stand up or speak your mind. I think we will all agree that confrontations are not easy. The woman in today's scripture didn't truly know Jesus. She had only heard about him through reports of travelers passing through town, but she confronted Him anyway because she was desperate for Him to help her.

I have confronted Jesus angry or frustrated many times since I became a mother. After the birth of our third in three years...our little "surprise"baby, I have found myself in the trenches at times. I have cried out "Lord, I can't believe you thought I could do this! See, I am proving you wrong! I am not the mother you think I am !" I have also fallen to my knees in a pile of laundry when I thought I was losing my mind and cried out "Lord, are you going to help me out here or what?" Whether you walk with Jesus daily or not, He appreciates us confronting Him with questions, needs and help. He is there for us to help mother our children, all we have to do is cry out to him.....in anger, in love, in joyfulness and in tears. Great is our faith in his eyes if we only cry out to him.

So the next time you find yourself having a terrible day and you are not being the mother you were yesterday, cry out to the Lord and He will take your hand and lift you out of the dark cloud that is surrounding you at that very moment. He didn't give us these children and then say "Good Luck". These are His children we are caring for and He is right there by our side to lead us and direct us to bring these little souls back to Him for eternity.

Thank Heavens we have such divine help anytime we cry out!
Have a blessed Wednesday!

1 comment:

amwz photography said...

I always think God has such a *GREAT* sense of humor with me and my plans.. me and my system that will get my family movin' and grovin'...
when what matters is that we try, we realize that He is waiting for us to ask for help, to aks HIM to bear the cross.. whatevr it may be from not getting a moment for ME... not as a mama but ME as a person...
yea, he's got a great sense of humor and sometimes my life is the punchline! lol!
have a great day, my friend!