Thursday, May 6, 2010

Heaven's Joy

Gospel reading today John 15:9-11
"I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete." John 15:11

Have you ever experienced joy from Heaven? It is like a natural high. I experienced this two days ago. I kept thinking....how in the world am I so joyful? I am doing laundry, pulling weeds, and changing diapers? I truly believe it is a gift from Heaven that showers upon us mothers for doing the work of Christ. I think I was also receiving such a gift because the Lord knew my spirit would be crushed the next day. I went from being blissfully happy on Tuesday to crying on Wednesday. Someone very dear to me hurt my spirit and I am currently working through it.

So today, be open to the happiness of perfection. I believe we receive this when we are in daily prayer, we notice God in the birds, the cloudless sky and crisp spring air. When we bathe in the beauty of the mundane and seek Wisdom while our children play by sitting and reading on the lives of the Saints, holiness of motherhood or most importantly daily scripture. God wants to give all of us this peaceful and perfect joy, all we have to do is be still, quiet and open to Heaven's graces.

Blessings to you this Thursday!

1 comment:

AnneMarie said...

hugs to you. I hope today is a much better day. God gives us crosses to bear when we are the strongest.