Monday, December 21, 2009

Blessed Are You Among Women & Blessed Is the Fruit of Your Womb!

Gospel Reading Today
Luke 1:39-45
"You are the most blessed of all women, and blessed is the child you will bear!" Luke 1:42

I feel like I have been on a journey to Bethlehem the past several days.....tired, worn, in hiding. In hiding meaning hiding from my children behind a chair to say a decade of the rosary because I knew if I didn't pray before starting the day to mother them, I would be a terrible mother. My husband, Clint, has been working around the clock. I call this time at our bakery, our harvest. I feel like a single mother, mothering alone 24/7. Through the past several days, I have thought of the Lord's arrival this Christmas in a whole different light. As I yearn for relief as my husband walks through the door (I know you all know what I am talking about), this Christmas I compare that yearning and relief to Christ walking through the door into our lives on Christmas day. A sense of relief and joy, a big sigh and great calmness happens when I finally have relief from my children. That is what I want to feel on Christmas morning. Relieved that Jesus is here with us, walking next to us each day of our lives, helping us, relieving us from this selfish world, eager to welcome us into the Kingdom someday. It is quite amazing the meditations a mother can have in a "losing her mind" mode. It is almost miraculous how God can keep us sane if we simply open our hearts to Him or hide from our children for that matter.

Now to the Gospel for today.....I love these readings about the Visitation. I know I have said before that we are modern day Marys & Elizabeths, greeting one another, encouraging one another on our faith journey. We meet every morning via the internet and bless one another with each other's presence and understanding. We pray for each other as one carries life in their womb, as one is struggling through a difficult time. We lift each other up and call each other blessed just as Mary & Elizabeth did. For all of us mothers are blessed among women. God has breathed life in our womb and we are raising souls for Christ, just as Mary & Elizabeth were raising Jesus and John the Baptizer. We are on this journey together and I am so thankful we can visit each other daily. You all are blessed among women, for you have been chosen to be mothers....the greatest call a woman can have on this earth.

Embrace this divine week we have before us. Prepare for Christ's coming by realizing you are blessed among women. We have such wonderful heavenly role-models in Mary & Elizabeth who are praying for us and there to help us. Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb!

Have a wonderful Monday!

No comments: