Tuesday, September 1, 2009

LOOK FOR GOD'S LIGHT IN YOUR DAILY LIFE

Scripture Reading in Catholic Masses all over the world today:
"All of you are children of the light." 1 Thessalonians 5:1-6

How greatful us mothers are for the little gifts "God's light" during our day. For instance, this morning I am praising God for helping my children sleep late. We have been going and blowing for the past four days and we are all exhausted. I slept late this morning and as I woke I was dreading waking up with the kids and my day starting strong with the needs of my children without my coffee and quiet time with the Lord. Those kind of days always start off on the wrong note for me. But the Lord granted me His grace and His light by letting me drink my coffee, pray the rosary and have my time with Him before the children woke up. He has also given us a break from the heat, as I know all of us mothers are thankful, and we are headed to the park this morning. All of these things are light from the Lord....little Gifts from Heaven. We receieve them daily, but how many of us are groaning and mumbling (as find myself doing often) and not seeing the gifts the Lord is bestowing on us for mothering His children?

Today is September 1st, which is the start of a new season....school buses, football games, crisp air, pumpkins, sweaters....so as we start fresh with the new season, start fresh in your vocation of motherhood and become aware of the graces, peace and light the Lord gives you everyday. Our Blessed Mother is "full of grace" and loves to share her grace with us, too. Be aware, that your baby sleeping through the night or your children playing well together some days instead of fighting, or a friend surprising you with a meal on your front doorstep is not just coincidence.....they are gifts from Heaven and God's light shining on you. Be thankful!

No comments: