Tuesday, September 29, 2009

THE FALL OF THE PRIDEFUL ANGELS....

FEAST DAY OF ST. MICHAEL ARCHANGEL, ST. GABRIEL, & ST. RAPHAEL!

"War broke out in heaven; Michael and his angels battled against the dragon." Revelations 12:7

I read this this morning and it really opened my eyes...."Pride is the beginning of all sins and faults...." and then Benedict Groeschel goes onto say.."The Fathers of the Church believed that the fall of the angels was caused by pride. They simply could not endure that the Son of God would be a weak and limited human being". Wow! What a powerful statement. I think about the world we are living into today and how pride is honored. Look at the leader of our country....how prideful and arrogant he is. Scary, huh? Also, I think of families today being so prideful in their careers and their possessions and constantly trying to keep up with the Jones'. This prideful world we live in looks down up suffering, limitations, selflessness when in all actuality those are the tools that brings a soul closer to Christ. We have Jesus as our example of coming to this earth as a poor carpenter with a servant's heart who suffered and died on the cross for us.

I asked myself today, where I am being prideful. I want to rid myself of pride as soon as I can! To think that pride is the beginning of all sins and faults really makes me think. We are all human and guilty of pride and asking Jesus to help us to not be so prideful is a good start. As mothers, we have set aside pride and selfishness to care for these little ones. We naturally have servant hearts which pleases our Lord every day. What a blessing we have in motherhood to keep us on the right track to heaven!

Have a blessed Tuesday!

No comments: